Are you one of those who love shoes like us?
No matter what happens to your shoes, do you prefer to use it to the end?
You should be aware that your shoes are clean and well-groomed and have a great effect on your appearance. If you want your shoes to always look good and have a long life, you can check our detailed shoe care and cleaning guide.
Since the shoes are in constant contact with the ground, they may be exposed to contamination and wear in a short time. However, you can use your shoes for a long time with practical cleaning and maintenance methods. You can easily clean all types of shoes with a few simple materials and the right methods.
How to Clean Nubuck Shoes
Nubuck shoes have a very delicate surface and therefore you should be very gentle during the cleaning process. Nubuck brushes, nubuck cleaning sprays and abrasives specially designed for nubuck shoes are the basic materials used for maintenance. By cleaning with these materials, you can make your nubuck shoes look quite new and well-maintained.
- With a toothbrush you do not use, you can effortlessly clean your nubuck shoes from dirt and dust.
- If you are cleaning a heavily soiled shoe, you can also use a nubuck eraser and a nubuck spray.
- Applying different types of detergent to nubuck shoes will damage the surface. Nubuck care requires more attention than other skin types. If your dexterity is poor, you can try to get expert help.
- It will not be difficult to make your shoes more groomed by learning the materials and application steps you need to use for cleaning nubuck shoes immediately.
You can prevent your shoes that you use only on special occasions or remove them in the closet for next year to be deformed with shoe molds. Thanks to the mold suitable for your foot number, there is no distortion, crushing or creasing in the shape of your shoes.
How to clean Fabric Shoe?
Linen shoes or fabric ones, which are indispensable in summer months, are extremely stylish, light and easily soiled models, and they are one of the most sensitive fabrics against external influences as they are a kind of breathable fabric. Therefore, if you do not regularly care for your linen shoes, they may become unusable in a short time.
- Before cleaning linen and other types of cloth shoes, it is essential to remove dust.
- Dusting can be done with a dry soft brush or a dry cloth.
- If there is a stain on your cloth shoes, you can first try to remove the stain by using Arab soap and warm water.
- It is best to clean the stain with a slightly damp cloth and a small amount of Arab soap.
- If the stain has not yet been removed, you can wash your linen shoes in the washing machine using a shoe net.
- When washing your linen shoes in the washing machine, it is better to avoid using very hot water. The highest water temperature of 30-40 degrees is ideal for linen shoes. If you do not use a shoe net, deterioration of the surface and sole of your shoe may occur. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you use nets or laundry bags.
- You can also wash your linen shoes by hand using liquid laundry detergent, carbonate and warm water.
- After applying white toothpaste on the white surfaces of canvas shoes, we recommend that you leave them for 10 minutes and then wipe them with a wet cloth.
- Keep in mind that you can keep your linen shoes well maintained and clean for many years by getting detailed information about fabric shoe cleaning.
It is important that your shoes are kept in good conditions as well as regular maintenance and cleaning for long life. The cleaner your shoe cabinet is, the cleaner your shoes remain in the cabinet. Therefore, do not neglect the care and cleaning of your shoe cabinet.
How to clean Suede Shoes?
Suede shoes, just like nubuck shoes, need careful care and cleaning, and they should be kept with shoe mold when they are not used to keep their shape. If you don’t have a shoe mold, you can put the newspaper pieces into balls and place them firmly in the shoe. It is also possible to apply this procedure for sneakers, boots, sneakers, ballet shoes and heels.
- In suede shoe cleaning, application materials and cleaning materials are slightly different than others.
- You may need to obtain a suede shoe brush and suede eraser for suede shoe cleaning.
- The suede shoe brush will help you remove dust and dirt from your shoes.
- Suede eraser can be used for stains on shoes.
- You can take care of your suede shoes at home by getting detailed information about suede shoe cleaning.
- Like our skin, shoes need to breathe. Shoes can be airless in boxes but you can use them for a longer period of time by ventilating the balcony or window sills in sufficient amounts.
- You should never dry your damp shoes that you removed from the washing machine with a hair dryer. Drying outdoors is the healthiest drying method.
- To prevent your shoes from being worn or deformed, you should loosen their laces every time you wear them and use as much as possible to pull them off.
How to Clean Leather Shoes?
- After cleaning the leather shoes with the help of a damp cloth, you can apply olive oil.
- After pouring a very small amount of olive oil on a cotton or soft dry cloth, you can apply light touches to your shoe.
- This process will make the shoe maintenance and cleaning, at the same time will make your shoe shine.
- You can use a small piece of leather to remove water stains on leather shoes.
- When applying polish to your leather shoes, you can evaluate your thin socks that you do not use. Thin pantyhose allows polish to absorb skin better.
- When spraying your shoes, you should spray 10-15 cm away.
- Shoes with delicate surfaces such as leather, nubuck, suede should never be washed in the washing machine.
- We wanted to share with you a simple method applied in Europe. This method is one of the best methods you can use on leather shoes. If you don’t have shoe polish, you can use banana peel instead of polish.
- Banana peel, thanks to the potassium contained in the shoe can care, but also helps to look bright and dust-free shoes.
- You can apply wax to your leather shoes. This process provides more effective absorption than polish.
How to clean Patent Leather Shoes?
Patent leather shoes are made of genuine leather and the outer surface has a shiny texture. Patent leather shoes, which have become a part of classical elegant elegance, are the most common type of shoes that show stains and dustings. Therefore, it is correct to clean frequently.
- Scratches and minor surface injuries are immediately noticeable in patent leather shoes.
- Using a brush to clean patent leather shoes can damage your shoes and cotton cloths can leave hair on patent leather. The most suitable type of cloth for daily cleaning of patent leather shoes is chamois.
- It is more appropriate to use shiny leather special cleaners for cleaning patent leather shoes. If you use a special patent leather spray after the treatment, the surface of your shoe can maintain its brightness for a long time.
- You can also use the special products you buy for the regular maintenance and cleaning of your patent leather shoes in your accessories such as patent leather wallet, belt and bag.
- If you don’t have special ingredients for patent leather care at hand, try your luck on Vaseline. You can clean your patent leather shoes by applying a small amount of Vaseline on a soft and clean cloth.
- It is also a good choice to use lemon and cotton to remove water stains from your patent leather shoes. Vaseline or make-up milk can also be used for daily patent leather care. However, we recommend that you do not use any materials other than those specified in patent leather shoes. Highly sensitive lacquers can be immediately worn or damaged with ordinary detergents or waxes.
Patent leather shoes can be worn in daily use. If there is no alternative, you must keep it in the mold. Otherwise, fractures and cracks may occur on the shoe layer.